Privacy Statement - Province of Surigao Del Norte
The Provincial Government of Surigao del Norte respects your privacy and protects any sensitive details you share. We are committed to safeguarding the right of the user to privacy and ensuring the trustworthiness of the personal information collected by a user.
We are committed to make sure your information is safe. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we obtain.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
- We may supply the Department of Health of the data for purposes of contact tracing of those persons, who are possibly infected with Covid-19;
- The Surigao State College of Technology (SSCT), being the service provider in the development, enhancement and maintenance of the “Surigao del Norte e-HEALTH Pass System,” can have access in our database for purposes of enhancement, maintenance and such other technical functions that will be performed to ensure the continued operation of the system. Under the Memorandum of Agreement between the SSCT and this Provincial Government, the SSCT is not allowed to release any data gathered under the “Surigao del Norte e-HEALTH Pass System” to any person or entity and shall keep such data confidential at all times;
- The component local government units (LGUs) of this Province, through their respective Data Protection Officers, can have access in our database for purposes of contact tracing of those persons, who are possibly infected with Covid-19. Those component LGUs sign a standard Data Sharing and Confidentiality Agreement with the Provincial Government of this Province; and
- We may supply data whenever required by a subpoena or court order.
Limitations, Disclosure, Retention
The Provincial Government of Surigao del Norte is collecting the data through the “Surigao del Norte e-HEALTH Pass System (e-HEALTH Pass) for purposes of contact tracing of those persons, who are possibly infected with Covid-19. We will use the data only for the purposes for which those were obtained unless you agree or are allowed by law. Suppose we are going to process your personal information for another reason, we will obtain your further legal permission or approval in that case later on, except where the other intent is consistent with the original intent. We will only hold your details for as long as possible to fulfil those purposes or until such time that the Covid-19 pandemic is not yet over, whichever is later.
We do our best to ensure the integrity of the personal data we store and use. We rely on the users of e-HEALTH Pass to reveal all the necessary information and inform us of any changes.
Supplementary Rights (RA 10173 Data Privacy Act of 2012)
- Rights to erasure or block. You may have a broader right to have the personal data we keep about you deleted.
- Right to object. You may be entitled to suggest that we stop processing your information and/or stop sending marketing messages to you.
- The freedom to limit processing. You may have the right to request that we, under some cases, restrict the processing of your data.
- Access correct. In such cases, you will have the right to have your data provided in a standardized, machine-readable and widely used format and to request that personal data be transferred without hindrance to another data controller.
Please contact our support team or contact our Data Protection Officer, through the Surigao del Norte STOP COVID Action Center, if you would like to exercise any of the above privileges. In compliance with relevant laws, we will accept your submission. To protect your privacy and security, before complying with the request, we will take measures to verify your identity. You will have the right to complain about our collection and use of your data to a data protection authority.
This statement can be amended at any time by the Provincial Government of Surigao del Norte by publishing a new edition. You must regularly check this statement as your on-going use of our services demonstrates your agreement with the latest knowledge at that time.